• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My PD acquired a M998 and I need help

jporterOCCC

My Police Department acquired this M998 this week and I have been put in charge of taking care of and maintaining it, along with painting and other upgrades.

First off is the brake line easy to change? There is atleast one that appears to be busted and is leaking like crazy. I am also looking to obtain the sound dampening material used in some M998s along with upgrading the seats since they have no cushion. My chief told me the budget is $0. So i am to work some magic on the vehicle. The vehicle is going to be used as a community service vehicle such as car shows, DARE program, parades, and the occasional tactical need.
I am located in Oklahoma and would be willing to travel around the state for help and supplies if anyone has anything to donate. 11902343_10206896896928398_2471740742066604722_n.jpg
I am new to this site and trying to read everything I can along with downloaded every TM I have come across.

papakb

One of the first things I'd suggest if your department screened the vehicle is to go back to the agency you got it from and ask if there are any parts or partial vehicles available from the same source. Mine was a damaged truck that that had been given to the forestry department to cannibalize for spares. They kept it for a few years and then auctioned it off.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from OKC.

Send me a PM. I might know someone that can help with a few parts