• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My two m35a2

m715

Hey guys, here are a few pics of two of my trucks. One I repainted last fall, the winch truck I just bought and will repaint it this spring. I was lucky both trucks have under 10,000 miles and run great. Thanks to the members here I bought tire chains and a generator I needed. I am working on getting heat in both trucks, one I insulated the water lines and air ducts. My flame heaters on both trucks don't work so that sucks here in the cold. I have used the winch to pull logs and stumps and it works great. Thanks to everyone for your help.
2.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg6.jpg2.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg6.jpg10.jpg9.jpg8.jpg7.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg20.jpg 1.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg19.jpg

tommys2patrick

I like the paint job you did! You must have some bad winters-those chains look the business. With a winch it must be hard to get it stuck. I don't think the flame heaters are that common. Repairable? Take a picture if you get a chance please. Weren't they above or near the battery compartment?

m715

The flame heater is under the hood, it can be seen in the last pic. My cover is off mine now its the two round things with spring hold downs. I cleaned everything and have good fuel spray but no spark at the spark plug. I have been watching epay and posted here for a ignightir but no luck. Just last week the ground was snow cover that I packed down and it refroze so I can drive on the land I have cleared without making ruts.

tommys2patrick

When I read your original post and your location I jumped to the conclusion you were talking about an auxiliary space heater powered by diesel fuel. Mostly, as you were describing what you had done to cab heating lines and water heat exchanger. No worries. Good luck in a hunt to find replacement "flame heaters".

m715

The flame heater I am talking about is on the motor of a m35a2. That is the heater that leeks fuel on the turbo. I have read many posts on this site on how to disable the heater to prevent fuel leeks. Many trucks had these heaters and lots of people dont need or want the heaters. My problem is I NEED the heater to help start my truck in cold weather.I can only drive on my land when the ground is frozen so as not make ruts in the soft ground. I have spent the past 30 years working part time clearing my land and winter is when I cut firewood and logs for lumber.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks