• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My weekend road trip..

91W350

I am a Geocacher, it is a sick addiction, a gps game.... www.geocaching.com A firend of mine issued the Kansas 2001 Challenge, the game started in 2001 and there are 48 active caches left in Kansas. I needed 20 to complete it, unfortunately, they were scattered from the SW corner of the state to the Kansas City area. I drove over 1200 miles and did not get it completed, but I am closer, a lot closer. I will post some photos of my trip. I wish I had my M1009, but the Feds are not releasing me, so I ran the M1008 at 55-60 by speedometer, 55 by gps, for hours on end.

I did spot a M1028 in Barber County, a deuce Lawrence and Topeka on old 40, and a couple of old Dodge CUCV trucks. It was a blast and my Bud Boy went with me. Hopefully we will finish it this weekend. Glen

Attachments

91W350

Thanks, we are down to 11 and two of those are virtual caches, just need to find information, five are in one park. I am thinking I can do it in one day, they are on a ten mile circle, except for one at Topeka and it is on the way there and home.

The dog is registered as a white German Shepherd. He was in a kill shelter in Southern Missouri. I heard about him through the Echo White Shepherd Rescue. His name was Gunner, but I like simple one syllable names and Gunner really did not fit his overly friendly personaility. My son said he looks like a Buddy, so Bud it is... He had a respiratory infection, was down to 64 pounds. He had less than 24 hours left. Besides the adoption fee, the Vet bills were 405 dollars.

His previous ownercould not afford the meds and turned him over to the shelter. I cannot imagine knowing a dog like this one and not getting him taken care of, I would sell a vehicle first.

Anyway, he has been my best friend and companion. I can take him anywhere and not worry about what he is going to do. Five years and we had to get a few stitches from an encounter with a barbed wire fence.

He is not classic Shepherd, his hips are too tall and he is slump backed, he is thin and he is long. He now weighs 105 pounds and is very strong.

As for who had the most fun..... The truck worked its butt off and ran perfect! The oil looked the same level as when I left.

More photos to follow.....

Attachments

91W350

When we pulled into the Olathe Aboretum and parked, a vehicle pulled in two stalls west of me. I looked over and walllah! How sweet is that? What are the odds? He was there with his family to meet a dog. He is also a Steel Soldier member, so maybe he will chime in. Sweet looking Blazer! I am looking forward to seeing mine, driving it even more! Glen

Attachments

HardCorps79

When we pulled into the Olathe Aboretum and parked, a vehicle pulled in two stalls west of me. I looked over and walllah! How sweet is that? What are the odds? He was there with his family to meet a dog. He is also a Steel Soldier member, so maybe he will chime in. Sweet looking Blazer! I am looking forward to seeing mine, driving it even more! Glen
Yep, that was me! Our meeting with the dog went really well: he and our boys played for about an hour. And most importantly, the wife approves. We're going to go meet him a couple more times so he's not moving in with complete strangers, but it looks like we're going to bring him home this weekend.

Nice to meet you in person. Good luck with the rest of your geo-caching.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks