• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My weekend vacation in Vermont...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While crusing in Vermont, I saw a M416 for sale, and FOUR deuces for sale. 2 tan, 2 OD, 3 out of the 4 had winches. Didnt have time to stop, but will in 2 weeks... :)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this rate, somewhere in VT. When I go back again, I'll see if I want one. If not, I'll post where they were. Sorry to be a putz, but Im sure people will understand.

I will tell you I did see a Sherman Tank in Northfield, VT. Sitting right on the edge of the Norwich University football field. An no, it is not for sale.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to let ya know that when your not even looking for it, you'll find old OD iron. If I took a trip expressly to find OD iron, I'd of come back and not seen anything.

jatonka

The Sherman at Norwich University is right where The GMMVCC Vermont Club has their show every year. A wonderful event, great people, vendors and a neat Saturday night dinner for all. Real pretty countryside too. John T

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I go back to school in 2 weeks for my 10 year reunion, Im going to donate a ton of $ to get the Sherman out of the mud and on cement. Then see what how much it will take to get it cosmetically restored.

xm708

dueces in vermont

I have seen those dueces up close and personal. very rough stuff. but maybe good parts rigs couple with dropsides one or two with hardtops. I can't remember think one had a winch. but once again rough rough..

ed

vtdeucedriver

emmando,

Someone over there has that info. Last yr our MV club talked with norwich about returning the tank to a operational status. I was not there, but they did cut the weld on one of the hatches and opened it up. It was full of rocks ( something about a tradition of putting a rock in the tank from the river on a senior run??) Anyhow, I guess the interior is in really good shape............basically just replaces the dry rotted stuff and its done!!! I dont know if anyone got pics. I also do know that there has already been funding for its restoration by some of the alumni. You might want to check in on that again. I know that there was some liability issues that needed to be delt with. I also do remember that the Army offered a space in the armory to work on it inside.
We even had a line on parts needed and a NOS engine. Sounds like it would have been a easy one. Esp since it ran when they parked it in the 50's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks