• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mystery leak at passenger side firewall, inside cab.

I have greenish oily fluid leaking into the cab of my m1009 at the passenger side right at the firewall, has the insulation stuff soaked. Nothing visible on the underside, nothing on the ground. I was running my heat for the first time yesterday. Is this from the blower motor? What is this a symptom of? Where in the TMs does the solution lie?

armytruck63

Heater core for sure. I was riding as a passenger in a Triumph TR-6 years ago when the heater core started leaking and dripping hot green antifreeze on my feet.

Heater core. A quick fix if you dont need or want heat or just need to get by is to get a double barbed brass fitting and loop the two hoses that run to the heater core together, bypassing the heater core.

Midnight Rider

As it has been said, it's definitely the heater core. I just replaced mine about a week ago. Not exactly a fun job, but it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be.

Be prepared to crawl around on top of the engine to get to all of the bolts.

If it isn't that cold where you are, then I would just bypass it for the time being. I ran mine that way for about a month. Be sure to check your radiator, you don't want to be running with it low on antifreeze.

jimmy-90

Yes that is your heater core and rather than buying a new one at the auto parts store I would strongly recomend getting your leaking one rebuilt. The one I got from the parts store is such an incredible POS compared to the mil-spec one. I wish I had just got mine re-built.

mf5129

a 60/40 solder and some patience will probably fix it.the aftermarket replacement core wont last like the orginial gm harrison part.