• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

N14 in a M813? Is this possible?

MASIC

I’m sorry if there is a thread on this already
I was chatting it up with an old mechanic up here in Canada and he says it’s possible to R&R the 250 and replace it with an N14. He said that he actually did this on just over 20 trucks for the Canadian Military that they needed in the deep Arctic up here in the mid 80’s.
· Has this been done?
· Can this be done?
· Is someone doing this right now?
· Can at least the turbo kit complete with water intercooler be installed onto the old 250?
· How do you adapt the transmission?
· Can the Jakes be included in the install?
I have a N14 engine sitting here from an old WHITE commercial tractor / dump truck from the late 70’s early 80’s. Would this be a good candidate for the install? The engine just needs injectors because we robbed the new ones but the rest of the engine was rebuilt, fogged and packaged for storage in case if one in our fleet went ka-poot!
The real crappy thing is I met this guy while camping and it never dawned on me to get his information. He liked my truck and started to give me all of his history and mechanical background and God I wish I had a brain or pencil/paper or a tape recorder!!!!!!!
SS you’re my only connection to his story and man the extra horse power and a turbo would be cool!!!!!

jwaller

as long as the rocker covers arent too tall, IE does not have jakes and you swap the fuel shutoff solinoid for the 24V versions, should work out just fine.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
N14's weren't around in the timeframe you give...well the NHC is a 14L engine..855 cid. The dimensions are the same. JW is correct, the jakes will put it too tall, but since there isn't a x-over, it might be OK.

MASIC

N14's weren't around in the timeframe you give...well the NHC is a 14L engine..855 cid. The dimensions are the same. JW is correct, the jakes will put it too tall, but since there isn't a x-over, it might be OK.
I know the N14's weren’t around in that time frame but the truck was. We had all of our engines swapped to be the same in all trucks when the N14's were released for purchase along with the axles and transmissions when they rolled 1,000,000k.

This engine is one of the older engines based on the overhaul tag marked with a date of 1986.

MASIC

So if I were to remove the Jakes it should fit. Would the bell housings be the same bolt pattern on the block? Is a body lift an option?

Can I just take the water / air cooler, air tube, turbo and exhaust manifold off of the N14 and bolt it on to the 250 along with the coolant lines and fittings? Or do I need from the block up with the heads and all?

I do know that the 250 has higher compression ratios so I would have to keep my boost pressures low or change out the pistons.

I am really thinking of doing this heart transplant but???? I need some input

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks