• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name these parts please.

jwaller

Todays mystery parts. the one on the left came out of the oil pan when I changed the oil.. the one on the right came out of the bottom of the fuel tank when I removed the strainer to look around. the left one is magnetic the right one is not. any ideas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have to guess that the one on the left is the remnant of a broken snap ring.

Is it about the size of a half dollar?

Armada

The one on the right looks like scrap from an air compessor belt adjusting tool stamping . If you've seen one of those wrenches before, you'd know what I mean.

jwaller

I'd say yes on the half a snap ring, I guess I would like to know where it came from. I doubt it's a snap ring for a wrist pin. but who knows. The other thing I have no idea and no clue as to why it would be in the fuel tank. I was hoping maybe it went to something like the lift pump as mine is making some strange noises and I'm not so sure it's still pumping anything.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
The one on the right is from the bottom of the in tank fuel pump. I think its a shim that goes between the pickup and the pickup screen. I'm about 99% sure. I had some fall out of the bottom of my fuel pump.

jwaller

Djfreema said:
The one on the right is from the bottom of the in tank fuel pump. I think its a shim that goes between the pickup and the pickup screen. I'm about 99% sure. I had some fall out of the bottom of my fuel pump.
thats what I was looking for. maybe thats why I'm not seeing the pressure from it as I did when I bought it. time to pull that pump tomorrow.

red devils dude

good news the one on the left is NOT a snap ring off the wrist pin (I'm looking at one right now)
I've had the whole engine apart and I have no clue what it is.

eddiec

could the piece on the left, by chance, be a piece of the crank shaft thrust washer. just a thought. haven't had a multi apart, so i'm not sure what their size is.

m35a2cowner

One on the left

If its metal I would guess at some sort of thrust main shim or bearing face? Rubber, I would guess its a seal or slinger for oil probably on the rear main bearing?

jwaller

it is metal of some type I can pick it up with a magnet. I've not had one of these motrs apart so I have no clue as to what it is or where it goes.

poppop

I have a Detroit engine in an excavator that has thrust washers that look a lot like that. They are two piece and have a hole in each end that go over locator pins. It once sheared these pins and when we dropped the pan these washers were in the bottom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks