• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NAPA/oil filter M35 questions

chuck500cc

I called my local NAPA store and asked if they could get the stuff I need to pick up a duce. In other words I just rattled off the part #'s and got a yes or no. When it came down to the oil filters I asked if they were the kits or just the filters and they did not know. Not doing this before I want to make sure that I am getting the kits, gaskets, ect.ect. They can't tell me, so can someone here? Also, are there any other "gotchas" on replacement items/parts to get it home I need to know about? Ya know, muffler bearing tools, buckets of steam, rolls of flight line? :roll: I got to talking with one of the guys I work with and he used to work on M35's in the Army, and I work at a large car dealership. [thumbzup] :driver: Large lifts, buckets of used motor oil, any tool you can imagine. I love my new job. :mrgreen:

Chuck XD Fan

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IHMO, you will be better off getting the filters from a place like Memphis, Antelope Valley, OD Iron or the likes that deal with the multi on a regular basis. I tried to do the NAPA thing, but the stores here could not find the gasket listed in the x ref. section. I got tired of waiting for them. Read the manual and if there is a torque value, use it!

poppop

I just changed mine yesterday with NAPA filters. There was two gaskets in the box, one narrow and one wide. My truck used the wide one. My dealer had them on the shelf.

snowplow

Recomend you get a NAPA # SL134, it is the break light sending unit on the air/hydrolic unit, it is plastic & will break & lose fluid. Cost is <$10 & easy to change. I had 1 break when picked up my last M35A2C & it failed late at night, had to get a plug to fill the hole till I could get a new switch. might take 10 min to change.

A little addition for the WIX numbers:

- engine air filters are NAPA numbers with a leading 4 -> 42837
- oilfilters are NAPA numbers with a leading 5 --> 51133
- fuelfilters are NAPA numbers with a leading 3 eg 33540

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Military Senior filter. P52, was mentioned. The Military Junior filter, P51, fits the M37 & related smaller vehicles. Its an old Purolater Number.

Lee in Alaska

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Jump on and down in the bed to check the suspention , get a bucket of water and a brush and have a person paint the truck with "IR paint" , and use a box of grid squares , Chem light batteries(Glow Stick batteries), and last collect a exuast sample in the proper black plactic bag with draw strings and turn that into the first mechanic you see. And also ask them for a prickE7 !

Just a few on the things we do to the new privates in the motor pool every day to check there LMTV's / FMTV's and Hemmits to be road worthy- HAHAHAHA

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recomend you get a NAPA # SL134, it is the break light sending unit on the air/hydrolic unit, it is plastic & will break & lose fluid. Cost is <$10 & easy to change. I had 1 break when picked up my last M35A2C & it failed late at night, had to get a plug to fill the hole till I could get a new switch. might take 10 min to change.
I recommend you get rid of the hydraulic brake light switch, and get the much safter Air activated brake light switch... Saturn Surplus has them for like 30 bucks or so.. There are several threads and PS Mag articles on it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks