• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Napa Radiator Hoses

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
The Napa guy is telling me that the napa part numbers listed for upper and lower radiator hoses on the parts cross over listing are no good. Anybody have any ideas?

ktm380

I will need to look back at my paper work, but I'm sure this is where I got my napa part numbers. Upper hose is 2" and you tell them how long you need. Lower just needs to be cut a little.

jasonjc

I used those NAPA # at my auto parts store and they cross to there number and I just put a set on lower needed a little cut off the upper I got a full stick 3' long use it for ALL the other hose 2 on the water pump and 1 on the oil cooler

devilman96

Tell the bone head to check his gates catalog... and for an extra giggle ask if he has any of those peel and stick graphics that make the cars go faster... 100$ says he can find those no problem... *sigh*... what I would not give for the good old days of cranky guys than knew every car from front to back with out a computer!!!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"cranky guys who knew every car from front to back"...you got that right. My experience was cool guys who loved to talk about cars and know every car from front to back. Man those were the days...That's why I love this site! Reminds me of old times.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly a nearly dead breed is the parts counter guy. Damn computers. Same thing happened to wrecker operators. It amazes me how many dumaskus wrecker drivers can't sling a truck. Wheel lifts and rollbacks, fooey!

Hookin1

Recovry4x4 said:
Certainly a nearly dead breed is the parts counter guy. Damn computers. Same thing happened to wrecker operators. It amazes me how many dumaskus wrecker drivers can't sling a truck. Wheel lifts and rollbacks, fooey!
How about the guys that did'nt grow up learning on one of these......you could do a lot with a sling a 4x4 and a set of dollies

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang right Lance. My pet was a Holmes 480 with the split boom. Loved that truck, need another one.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I grew up with a cranky guy like that. His reading glasses were a permanent fixture and his neck bones were fused with a 10 degree tilt to his head so he could look at the parts catalog and then glare back at you across the counter. Then when he couldn't find what he wanted in the catalog, he'd shuffle off to the back bowels of the parts warehouse, blow some dust of a box, shuffle back, throw the box at you and then tell you to get out and don't let the door hit you in the #@$!
I'm sure when he died the mortician had to call in a team of coffin architects to accommodate that head tilt. :shock:

jkelly66

I know what everyone is saying about people that knew theyre bussiness and liked it. Truck drivers have gone the same way have to call a service truck or a wrecker for every little thing. And call they do on theyre cell phone or the Sat. system we have in every truck now days. I long for the good old days of being on the side of the road with my tool box and a roll of bailing wire I could fix anything. :twisted:

Comming a little late to this thread Manstien we still have one of those counter types up here in Calhoun the place is called Big A auto parts bumper to bumper dealer the man the owns the place is called Shane not a real grouch but knows cars and parts back to back
John

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lower hose listed isn't a NAPA. It's a Gates #. The NAPA number for the Gates number posted is 7372. It's just a flat 2 inch hose, formed at a little more than 90 degrees. I didn't like the way it fit, so I took the old hose to NAPA and the guy came out with an almost identical hose, but, it has a little "dip" at the radiator end. All the other crooks and bends are in the right spot, clears the damper, mount and the block. Just had to trin 1 1/2 inch off the engine side of the hose. 7759 is the number. All the other hoses are just 2 inch wrapped hose, it comes in 3 foot sticks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks