• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

National Guard convoy, Ft. Stewart to Albany, GA.

sandcobra164

I've finally figured out some of the older folks in this forum. Ya'll buy and run these trucks because you had the chance to when the trucks and ya'll were in your prime. I had a nice trip back from Ft. Stewart today while driving my newly assigned M1089 FMTV Wrecker with less than 700 miles on it. I was in the NG while we still had the Deuce's and I've convoyed those in the past as well. It never hit home till the GA Rally convoy and today helped connect the dots. The scenery was nice, we had 2 FMTV's pulling old water buffalo's, 1 FMTV pulling it's matching trailer, 5 HMMWV's, my wrecker and a HEMMT Wrecker pulling up the rear. The convoy was slow but every crowd that was outside was waving and cheering and we of course were tooting the horn every chance we got. When we stopped for fuel, there was a gentleman that had a late 90's K2500 on 5 ton rockwells and 60" tall tractor tires on a trailer coming from a mud bog. He was jealous of the wrecker's and we were jealous of his rig. I suppose this hobby will become more expensive as some of the newer stuff come's out but after a rough weekend with no sleep at the weapons range, I can now see why some of you gentlemen have these trucks and love them. Long live green iron, I put 200 miles on "MY" wrecker for free and didn't even have to recover anyone today but it's ready when needed (for official use only of course, the taxpayer's are still paying for it).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wait til you drive a CAMO vehicle in the Veterans Day Parade up here this year!!!
THEN you will see the big picture and "The rest of the story":D:D

See Ya on the 26th.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a youngster, I could spot a Deuce or 5-Ton coming down the road by the high-setting, narrow gaze of the headlights. I looked at all the big rigs on the highway, but not like I LOOKED at the column of "Army Trucks" lope along in the slow lane. These trucks have long had a special place in my memories.

I have been feeling stressed the passed few days. World news, financial matters and the nagging time deficit that seems to follow me around. Well, I went to the storage yard to take some measurements on my truck for a pending project. I decided to go for a spin to exercise the big boy. You know, if I'd be darned, the stress didn't just melted after a nice 15 minute cruise down the coast and back. Just me and my 5-Ton:driver:. Problem solved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks