• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO slave outlet

cobratodd

Could the slave receptacle on the side of the cab be used as a temp connection point for a 24v electric winch for the bed? I'm unsure if this outlet is a good point to use for a high amp draw - over a prolong time (5 minutes or so). Basically looking for a quick connection for a 5k winch for pulling items into the bed of the 5 ton.

Thanks for your help.
Todd

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a problem. The cable can be upgraded too if you wanted to. The cable run is usually only a few feet.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just thinking about the way I was going to run the DC inverter input wires. Good call on the hook up...!

Trango

I took this idea one farther - I wired up a slave connection with Tweco quick disconnects for my Arc Welding gear, for 28v battery welding. I've used the Two Battery method of times on the trail for emergency repairs, and I figured I could do this on the deuce..... haven't actually done it yet using this setup, but I figure it would be an option.

Best,
Bob

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done that, too, with a winch that draws 500 amp (11 hp) at full load, and no problems. Put a second slave receptacle on the winch and you can use a standard jumper cable for the interconnects. There's no dangling cable to have to manage on the winch either.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWV shelter carriers often are set up with an inverter running from their slave receptacle that powers the shelter. Some shelters are very high draw.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are many things in the inventory that are operated by hooking cables to the slave port, impact wrences, pumps, lights, computers, etc.

You can pretty much cobble things to work as long as you know how to judge the voltage requirements of what you want to operate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks