• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NDCC 11.00x20 Wear Pattern

M1075

Check out the wear (contact) pattern on these 11.00x20 NDCC tires. No wonder these things are obsolete. Granted, these tires pictured are on an unladen dolly trailer. I am switching everything I can over to the new and improved radials.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The inner one looks like it might be at a higher pressure than the outer... or it has more tread depth and is contacting less. but that should raise the outer less depth tire up more, so that if the difference is great enough, the outer tire might not contact at all if it was unloaded.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
The inner one looks like it might be at a higher pressure than the outer... or it has more tread depth and is contacting less. but that should raise the outer less depth tire up more, so that if the difference is great enough, the outer tire might not contact at all if it was unloaded.

if thats the case then wouldn't the outer tire have more tread/pressure, since the inner tire has smaller contact patch?:wink:

1stDeuce

I don't see any issues... Empty tires at full pressure look like that... Load a deuce on top of them and there will be a wider contact area, with hopefully more pressure in the middle, where most of the rubber is... Run them too low a pressure for the load and the sides touch and two things happen: they get HOT and the sides of the tread wear much faster than the center, because there isn't nearly enough of it...

M1075, send some nice radials my way too if you don't mind... No rush, as I won't need them for 5 years or so... Probably how long it'll take me to wear out the new 11.00 NDT's I put on the deuce this fall. :)

Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks