• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NE Connecticut Mechanic or Shop that can Work on my 6.2

ssdvc

I am taking a shot here. I live in the Northeastern corner of CT. I have a leaking rear main seal and a leaking rear trans or transfer case seal. I was going to try and do it myself, but I am having some major back surgery on the 25th and the pre-op crap (and having to drive an hour for each appointment) is preventing me from doing it (or trying to do it) before I get laid up for a few months. Is there a decent mechanic or shop, with reasonable prices and within reasonable driving distance that is familiar with the truck that can do any of this work. I would like to try and get it done sooner than later, but being that I won't be able to drive for a least a month, it is not a rush job.

Thanks

ssdvc

Oh, and does anyone know (ballpark) how much it would cost to do the rear main seal (without removing the engine) and the trans or transfer case rear seal?

ssdvc

Thanks Big Tom, I appreciate it. That's a 6 hour drive down for me and I am looking for something a bit closer (around two hours max).

ssdvc

Thanks Luke. When you get a chance, could you please PM his contact info? I'd appreciate it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks