• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

neebie m1009 owner in chicago

centurion

Dear all,

Hello I am a new 1986 m1009 cucv owner. After bringing it home it has shut off on me several times. Each time the vehicle has been warmed up for an hour or more. When I shift gears to drive it shuts off. I thought it was low on fuel so I filled it up. It still shut off as if something is blocking the fuel. Could it be the fuel filter or pump? I don't think it is a power issue because all of the lights work when the vehicle shuts off. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with SD. Check the pink wire and contact going to the top of the injector pump. If this connection isn't making good contact, then the fuel will not flow. Also check the black ground wire going to the intake manifold on the rear passenger side. These trucks really need clean grounds.

Make sure you vist the CUCV Wiki

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

and download all the manuals. The troubleshooting section is a great resource and the wiring diagrams have saved my butt many times.

Also visit the CUCV FAQ

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks