• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need 24v M1008 Voltage Gauge

hobie237

Do you want an original "idiot light" type of gauge, or do you want something that reads 0-28v or whatever? If the former, check the vendors and classifieds for people parting out these trucks, or somebody will respond. If the latter, any auto parts or electronics supply store should be able to take care of you- try Radio Shack.

pc3nmcb

If this what you are talking about I was gonna list on ebay starting at 10.00, if it is what you need you can have for 10.00 and the travel price. I am getting shoulder operation later today so wont be able to check back till tommorrow. It came out of a scrap m1009.

Attachments

HikerLT

Yes,
That is exactly what I am looking for...the one in my M1008 is defective, and I want to keep it original, so this looks like what I need.

Good luck on the SHoulder operation - ( I had rotator cuff shoulder surgery 2 years ago....Glad I had it done, but the recovery was long and the first few days/week(s) were painful.)

email me when you get a chance.

Thanks,
LT

HikerLT@alum.wpi.edu

Crash_AF

Have you removed the gauge from the dash and hooked it directly to 24V? The gauge runs through a relay under the dash that may be bad and not sending power to the gauge.

Later,
Joe

beaubeau

Thaqnks for the advice Joe! I got an M1008 with a gauge not working. I shall check it out tomorrow before I remove the Gauge. Can it be wired direct to the Batts, maybe through a fuse would make it Safer??

Crash_AF

I just took the gauge out, made two longer leads and touched them to the battery terminals. You could also jump the two terminals in the relay socket for the same effect.

Later,
Joe