• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need a injection pump?

84cucv1ton

m1009 with 26k. starts and runs. seems to me that once i get going and need more throttle, for like a hill. just seems to fall on its face. so im thinking injection pump?

what do you think? anyway to test it? thanks

jag7720

mine does that too... especially when on diesel... when on WVO it acts normal.

I asked this question and was told to increase the fuel supply. I plan on doing it.. just haven't had time.

Banks Turbo has an install manual for their turbo that tells you how to do this.

Wolf.Dose

To me sounds like a clogged fuel filter. Or the main fuel pump does not work propperly.
Due to the simple designe of the injection pump this device works or works not, as long as the filling fuel pressure is at the minimum required (more than 3 PSI). Other cause might be, that the return valve does not close propperly which means the pressure in the pump is not building up in the intended way. However, this creates usually also starting problems (3 degree advance is not given).
Are the injectors set at the propper opening pressure of 125 bar plus 5. Else the firing is poor, starting also (reason: incorrect injection timing).
Wolf from Germany

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks