• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a manual! Can anyone tell me where to look? aircraft carrier mobile generator a/s37a-3

Jerineer

My dad and I just bought this REALLY cool driveable generator off iron planet a while back. I expected some work, but it only has 118 hours on a 3 cylinder detroit diesel, so it's just a baby. There were a few missing pieces do to the fluid draining(a couple fittings, and filters), and the big one was the starter, but that looked like it was it. When we unscrewed the a panel to get to the actual generator, there was a VERY important piece missing. It was labeled as a "k2", and there was a 48 pin connector sitting there, that screws into the thing(hopefully adding pictures), along with 4 to 6 other biggish cables that attach to it. We have NO IDEA what it was, or if we can find one without Devine intervention, and I've looked everywhere I can think of for a manual for the thing, including the library of Congress, and all I've found, is a training manual for naval personnel, that outlines the basic functions of the thing. Nothing with any details. The only images I've found of them, are the drawing from that manual, and the pictures from the auction we bought it from! They do pop up on a search.
If anyone knows where I can find a manual, or even if someone has some experience with them from active duty, or even better, if you have some idea what a "k2" is, any info would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you very much!20210412_113603.jpg20210522_183024.jpg20210522_183019.jpg

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have a white elephant. Most aircraft use 400 cycles, three phase in their electrical systems, because the wires can be smaller (think lighter, reducing weight). It probably has a civilian counterpoint, so someone who works or has worked as a 'ramprat' might be a good source of information. YMMV.

Guyfang

Staff member
Find the data plates. Take pictures of them. We need to see what you have in your shopping basket. There will probably be more then one data plate. Its important to know the Noun Nomenclature, (name of the thing) NSN and Part number. Also, as Mike stated, it might be 400 hertz. So more info and pictures please.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will get you closer, Look at the second set of numbers and then look at the descriptions of the equipment. The 1730's appear to be aircraft related trailers. The 6115's appear to be generators. Like I said, have a pot of coffee. I have found a lot of off the wall manuals here and I have also struck out.

Jerineer

Wow! Didnt expect alot, essentially not so soon! Thanks a lot guys! I'm going to post the data plate anyways, but I did see you somehow found that number. I didnt know what I was looking for on it to be honest, and some of the spots that would have helped in th data plate were left blank. I was hoping to find out who manufactured it. Any ideas on that?

Attachments

Jerineer

It actually does 115/200v , 3 phase, and 28v DC. What's also pretty cool is it is hydraulically driven, and has a REALLY heavy duty hydraulic system, so with some auxiliary outputs, its actually kind of a "one stop shopping" for remote construction sites.

I may be reading that wrong. Their overabundance of comas may have thrown me off. If that's the case,my dads going to shit a really big brick. I'm almost afraid to say anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks