• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a rear-rear driveshaft

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I need a complete used, good condition rear rear driveshaft for M35A2. The one that goes between the 2 rear axles.. I need the ends, u joints, and shaft, basically that when you unbolt the 4 bolts on either end of the axle... Need soon! Name your price. My shipping zipcode is 12542......... I can paypal or????????

Let me know!
Thanks!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How'd you lose yours?

:p

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The short story...
I took the deuce out on a high speed test drive... I have a buddy driving my pickup as a chase vehicle.. Im on the interstate, doing 55 MPH. Things are good. Crusing right along. Guages are good, truck is running well. I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel. I take my foot off the gas. Truck slows down a bit, Im looking for a place to pull over to check it, so back on the gas.... 30 seconds later, I hear and feel a CHUNK, and the vibration stops. The truck INSTANTLY gains a good 5 MPH... MY buddy beeps my Nextel.HOLY SHIT, YOU JUST LOST A PIECE OF EXHUAST PIPE.. SPARKS AND EVERYTING JUST SHOT OUT FROM THE TRUCK. IT ALMOST HIT ME.... Now Im kinda concerned. Luckily, an exit was 1/2 mile away. We get off, stop in a parking lot. He says, I saw a rock come flying out from underneath the truck, then a minute later, the piece of exhuast pipe came flying out. It hit the ground and sparks flew.. So, what I think happened is one of the E clips holding the bearing cup in came out, then the bearing cup (the rock), the vibrations start, and it gives way, and the shaft and truck part ways. I still have the actual U joints still on the axles, I'll post pics of the carnage tommorrow..

Bottom line, no one got hurt, the shaft will be fixed, and life is OK. I now have a memorable story, and I will DOUBLE CHECK the new U joints E clips .....

The rest of the ride was fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks