• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a source for these shut-off valves

aboonski

I want to buy new shutoff valves prior to installing the heater in my Deuce. Anybody know where to buy these?

I also have two items that need identification that you see next to the valves. They look like the might hold decon containers or fire extinguishers. I can only guess what they were used for....

Attachments

acetomatoco

Most old civvy trucks had heater shutoff valves like them.. you may luck out at a good NAPA Truck Store... the one near me work miracles all the time.

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Napa, as stated, or any auto parts store that caters to big trucks. Those valves are very similar to the ones used by the big diesel engine manufacturers(Cat, Cummins, Detwoit)
Jimbo

jatonka

Hi, Napa definitly has the correct valves. They will come with a bit different handle to turn on and off. That handle is what came on many of my Deuces from the 1950s and early sixtys. Tha e price is not bad either. I have some of the heater mounting plate kits if you need them. John Tennis