• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need an Alternator

Uzaree

Ok guys,

I need an alternator, I have searched and there is SO much information about it but I can't decide. I have tried calling the Guy in MI, left a message and called back 3 or 4 times. I was just going to order one. What can I do guys I need to get this running.

dozer1

Ok guys,

I need an alternator, I have searched and there is SO much information about it but I can't decide. I have tried calling the Guy in MI, left a message and called back 3 or 4 times. I was just going to order one. What can I do guys I need to get this running.

What kind of vehicle do you have? A HEMMT, a Mule, or something in between perhaps?

papakb

alternators

The 60 amp Prestolite / Leece-Neville units are the ones most commonly found in todays M series vehicles. They're made by Southern Automotive and they will sell units and parts to the public. Here's a link to their website:

Southern Automotive Wholesalers, Inc.

The 60 amp alternator will also bolt up directly to the brackets used for the older 25 amp generators making them an easy conversion. Southern also sells the generators and parts.

Good used alternators are generally available online and you should be able to pick one up for between $60 and $100. Rebuilt units will go up from their. THe government uses around 30,000 alternators annaully so there should be plenty around.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks