• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEED deuce wheels/tires in NEW(ER) condition

dm22630

I need a LOT of new tires for my deuces & remember someone saying on here that it would be cheaper to buy tires that are already mounted on rims, that to buy tires & have them mounted.

Berg tire sold me some almost brand new 9.00-20's for $50 each....but s/h was $39 each....THEN I had to pay to get them put on.

I am considering just driving down there (next state) to get a trailerload & then drive back.

Any suggestions? I am in northern VA.....zip code 22630 (Front Royal, VA)

Thanks!

*** I couldnt find a correct forum to post this in.....and I didnt want to post a standard wanted ad.....I am looking for suggestions on who might have some *****

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know your own logistics best, Daniel. The only thing that I would suggest, is to learn to mount the tires yourself. All things considered, you can make good wages, doing your own tire work. Also, I sleep lots better, knowing how they are mounted - like knowing the tubes are not pinched, the flaps are nice and straight, & there isn't a hand full of dirt, left in there. Besides, most of us could use the exercise.

Lee in Alaska

Rattlehead

LanceRobson said:
One big advantage of them being mounted is that you can see any checking in the sidewalls. An unmounted tire can look like new until it's aired up and shows deep checking.
Lance
Ditto.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try TacticalTruck, last time I checked he had some that were pretty good for a good price, and he's only 20 miles away from us, Daniel, outside of Marshall, VA. Send him a PM, he might have what you're looking for.