• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need front drive shaft.

LanceRobson

Hey, NEWB, I'll bet you don't even have a dusting of snow yet....

What's wrong with the one you've got? Worn or blown up? They are a little problematic to renew but it can be done. I prefer to have new u-joints and not risk installing a shaft that might go belly up tomorrow.

Lance

Lance

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Corelokt, take whatever you have left of your driveshaft over to Fleet Pride(Murrock circle) in Watertown, they will fix you up nice.:wink:

Only problem with mine is it taint there.
As for snow what's that? Right now we got mush, about hip high in places, oughta freeze up real good.
At least my posi / got-lock works. So does the back wind, but the tailgate wont drop. I just wired in two fuse boxes. One under the hood to power the relays I've got wired in and ready to use, and one inside to power the switches to the relays. Horn dosn't work, even off a switch and relay.
Will any other front shafts work? Suburban, 3/4 ton truck or 1/2 ton or what?

mangus580

Any of the mid 80's front driveshafts with the 10 bolt front end should work.

Fleet Pride should have shafts in stock if you dont have a core... they just cost more!

I have a spare someplace, but I have no clue where. I mean NONE! If I remember, I can kick around for it tomorrow afternoon....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you call Eiss Brothers? They may have a used one. I would just call Fleetpride, they will explain to you how to measure what you need and probably have one right there behind the counter. New is best!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never even heard of Fleetpride. Turns out there is one right next door to my house (15 miles away). Are they a spicer distributer?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Kenny. They make and supply driveline parts, big and small! If I ever need a custom driveline component made, they are the place for me.

mangus580

anyone that has one, I am interested. Especially if it is good to go, complete with cv and u-joint.
The CV joint is why I suggest just going for a new one... Every used one I have ever seen is worn!

But... I know budget... and I would probably go used first myself with as cheap as I am....

maritimer

the cv joint in mine doesnt look to hard to change out, napa sells them fairly cheap i would think with a good vise and a hammer or u-joint puller it would be a sinch tochance out

I have a ujoint press and a "C" press as well. I've actually a pretty decent shop. No lift, no tranny jack, and nothing to pull an engine with except my little tractor that won't actually do it., shoulda seen it trying to lift a 350 ci V6, yeah that's "six", out of a 66 one ton. But, smaller jobs I'm ready for. I miss the ol apple tree we had out front as a kid, it was perfect for pulling engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks