• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need generator engine HELP

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, new to this part of the site.
I need some halp with a genser (3kw/4A032). Got her running, makes power to full load, just REAL noisey, and vibrates a LOT. Seems like the timing is off on the firing. It has the -3 electronic ignition. How do you set the timing with that system?
All four cylinders run, and it will run on any combination of two, but it is just not smooth.

Compression is good on all cylinders, new gaskets and hoses on intake, new carb.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Squirt Truck

mastert

Hey,
I've worked on a lot of these engines. Check the plugs for fouling. The spark is not that hot and the gap is supposed to be .016. Also check your fuel. If it's not fresh it won't run right with today's crappy gas. Also, get some fuel stabilizer and put it in your gas. It will disolve varnish and gunk in the fuel system. These engines are sooo smooth when they're right! You can set a glass of water on them and it just stays there! I've sold over 150 of these engines lately and they all ran good except for about half a dozen. I have used parts if you need them. Good luck!

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info.

The genset has fresh gas and a clean tank. The plugs are clean and gapped. This little brat actually runs smoother with the 1/2 plugs or the 3/4 plugs grounded, it is when all four are in operation that it is so rough and spits and coughs. Makes good power but geeeeeeee.

I suspect it is and ignition problem, but it has the electronics and I know of no way to be sure that the firing is proper for all four plugs using two trigger coils. I have considered buying a new ignition set from Saturn and trying it, but I have so much in this set now that I think I just want to sell it for damages.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Squirt Truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks