• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help at Ft. Jackson, SC

Jimma

My EUC Just cleared and I need someone that has been to Ft. Jackson to help guide me through the base and get out of there. I am now familiar with Warner Robins thanks to SS member SETOYOTA but need help at Ft. Jackson. Please reply if you can help me.

MitchG

Jim what are you picking up? If it's a truck you aren't going to be able to drive it off base it will have to be towed/trailered. I work about 15 minutes from the Fort if I can help you with anything.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ft. Jackson DRMO policy is that it must be towed out the gate. Once it's on the public roadway and your auto insurance kicks in, do as you see fit. No DRMO buildings will be harmed in that scenario. A deuce will follow fairly well on pavement, but the front wheels tend to turn and stay that way on dirt or gravel when being towed.

Jimma

I have a M35A2 Deuce to pick up. I need help getting it towed out the gate or having someone pick it up for me. My EUC cleared today and I have 13 more days to get it out. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

MDSA

Jimma,

We picked up 3 trailers at Ft. Jackson about 5-6 months ago and joked with Tim about the "incident" where a brakeless deuce driven by a nameless SS member damaged a building at DRMO trying to get water for the radiator. At that time, I thought Tim said you could drive off if you had proof of insurance.

So, I would check with Tim. He was very cooperative when we were there.

The base does do a vehicle inspection and of course you need all your car papers up to date.

I'm too far to help in any other way - sorry.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a Deuce at Ft. Jackson in March. Jwaller towed me off base with his hmmwv. Tim was nice and very helpful but discourages you from driving the truck home. He's right in a way; you don't know the condition of the truck even if it drove in.

Since you do have to have all the correct paper work for the truck if base security stops you; it's probably better to get towed off. I had insurance and my agent told me my current card was good enough. Tim wanted to see something with the truck specifically listed. If you want to drive it off, get a binder for the truck so you can show it to Tim. If you can also get a temporary tag, you shouldn't get any arguments.

Also, the gate the GL website sends you to is the one closest to DRMO. The security guard there sent me to the gate 3 miles north. Tim said I should have called him and he would have got me in at the south gate. I would get the gate info straight with Tim when you schedule your pick up.

Good luck.

Ray

MitchG

Jim, sorry about not getting back to you till now. If Jwaller can't help you out or if you need an extra hand let me know. Depending on when you come you can use our parking lot for inspection before you head out if you need it.

army70deuce

When I went to pick up my deuce the cost to have it towed off base was $250 for the wrecker to show up (one of the big semi wreckers) when I talked to the towing company that GL recommended they quoted me $450 to pick it up for me and flat bed it to my farm in Upstate SC. Normally it would be a 2 hour drive to Jackson, in a deuce coming back with possible unknown issues who knows how long, that and you consider that if it had broken down I might end up calling a tow truck again the $450 delivery was a no brainer for me. I didn't need to be there for pickup just fill out the correct forms and schedule the delivery date. Just my 2cents worth, for me it was money well spent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks