• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help finding backglass channel weather strip in liftgate

magicman

I have tried and searched many times, even had some sent to me and bought some stripping. None seem to work properly. The glass company has been to my place 2 times now with no success aua. I want the 3rd time to be the charm. I have posted pics of what I am needing ( I found a old piece of it in the tailgate) Any help locating it or even a place to start looking would be greatly appreciated!! Is it even called weather stripping? Maybe its a different name but I have run out of places to look or search.

I need the weather stripping thats goes in the back liftgate metal channel run that helps buffer and hold the backglass in place. Please I need to get this replaced before winter.

Thanks!
Ryan

Attachments

cucvrus

I have posted pictures of the Terminus M1009 gate on the thread. I used Trim-loc and sent some out to guys here on this site. I have had great success with this trim. It holds up well and allows the glass and bottom sash to glide up and down with ease. I have been using my gate hard in off road conditions and with out any failures. The guides from LMC are expensive and NOT as good of quality as you can make for yourself. the key is to have the ends of the bottom sash polished clean and smooth. No rust or abrasive edges to catch on the side window guides. I can send you some trim if you would like some. I may have a few more feet of it. It is easy to install. Check out my Terminus M1009 thread. and I have outlined and photographed the results and how to on the gate repairs. I have a very damaged gate and it does have a few memory marks on it. But it is 100% operational and everything on it works. I basically built it from scrap steel, welder, pop rivets and time. I hope that helps. Send me an address in a PM. Be glad to help you out. Good Luck. I also use a good strong urethane adhesive to glue the Trim-loc into the well cleaned metal tracks. Works first time every time.