• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Finding Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

renovate7

I'm in Florida and have talked to about everyone. State Farm, whom I've had everything with for many years, won't take it because it's over 10k GVW. Hagerty wants it locked in a building. All the others want to take it as a commercial vehicle with premiums accordingly, over 1k. Progressive quoted 750 per year with coverage of 50/100/25 and no collision coverage on my vehicle. They quoted $380 for coverage of 10/20/10. Who do you use, what coverage do you have, and how much do you pay? It's scary these days to go with minimum coverage. Thanks for any input.

DanMartin

I went with Gulfway...good coverage for a fair price, and fast at getting me coverage (had a binder the next day). I think I paid like $300 for a year of full coverage (I don't have the policy handy, but it was decent coverage for that price). Easy to deal with.

I think they are in Florida as well.

http://www.racensur.com/programs.htm

Have a look at this thread for more discussion on this (or search for "insurance" in this forum).

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=174908

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Mine is through Statefarm. Historical vehicle coverage. Full coverage. 10k replacement value. Around $100 a year.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Need Help Finding Insurance

dc3coyote said:
Gulfway is just down the road in St Pete, they have been helpful, I also have used USAA while in Ga.
I just called USAA and they said no....is there a trick I should know, I have all my other vehicles through USAA including my 1008.

tjcouch

RE: Re: RE: Need Help Finding Insurance

Gulfway here too . . . the people there actually know what a M35A2 is . . . so you know have to play the usual 20 questions game. $200/year for $300,000 and $1,000,000 liability, non-garaged.

(They insure people in state other than FL. too!)

DanMartin

RE: Re: RE: Need Help Finding Insurance

...oh, and Gulfway didn't seem to mind that mine is stored outside (but behind a locked gate and away from the street). You just need to make sure you declare that when you fill out their questionnaire.

renovate7

I got a better reply from my State Farm agent. 250/500/100 for $850 yr. 50/100/50 for $700 yr. Both have uninsured motorist (50/100), which covers injuries to me, but neither offers collision on my vehicle. I got the 800 # for Gulfway and will give them a call tomorrow. I'm going to need insurance, won a bid at 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks