• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help id this trailer (pics)

propjetprop

Hi there... I am new to the forum and a friend suggested I post photos here to try to get an idea of what I just purchased.

I live in the Atlanta Ga. area and I have been looking for a platform to build a mobile pit BBQ smoker trailer. I saw this trailer on the side of the road near my house and it had been for sale for about a month when I finally pulled the trigger.

It is way cooler looking for what I was planning on doing that a regular old trailer from Home Depot or Harbor Freight. There are no plates identifying the maker or serial numbers. There is an aftermarket California registration tag, and that is about all.

The trailer looks kind of frankensteined up, but it sure does resemble a M-100 Jeep trailer from WWII era. The person I purchased it from said that it used to have a large generator mounted to it and the front part of the floor board is now a diesel fuel tank (it looks like it was modified for that).

I paid $200 for the trailer, and if it is a piece of americana, and worth fixing up, I can slap a bbq on some other trailer... what do you all think

Thanks