• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help Identifying Leaking Part

renovate7

I have a water leak in the metal cover directly in front of the 2 secondary fuel filters. It is mounted vertically and has a bunch of bolts running around it's edge to hold it on. It has quite a bit of blue permatex oozing out around it like it has been off before. It has a dime size hole in the bottom. Glad now I didn't try to drive this home. I was "topping" of the radiator and water started pouring out the hole. I've looked in the 20P and 34P and can't find it.

acetomatoco

I believe it is the oil cooler cover. You can pop it off and weld up the hole if it is rusted out and reinstall and refill the AF and it should get you home. Probably you have to go to the engine manual to find the specific parts.

renovate7

Hope these pictures work. I just shot them using a flash. There is also a silver piece with a twist cap on the end coming out of the side of the base of this cover. It appears to have something like an air valve stem on the bottom with a removeable cap held with a chain. What is it? This deuce couldn't have held any water with this hole. This cover appears to be cast aluminum and is corroded.

Attachments

renovate7

I just checked Saturn and TNJ and neither show a listing for an oil cooler cover. Any idea where I can get one of these? I may take this off tomorrow and see if I can JB weld a piece of sheetmetal on the inside to get me by. I just got a tempory tag and haven't even been out driving yet. Today was going to be the day until I found this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks