• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help identifying

FarmerT

I'm new here and I need help identifying this truck and if it has any value to someone, the truck ran when we drove it current location it has a LeRoi air compressor that still worked until the radiator developed a leak. Any help will be greatly appreciated, trying to decide what to do, hate to scrap it.
TIA

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. The truck chassis is a GMC model CCKW 353, 2 1/2 ton 6x6. It could be a 1943,44, or 45. The Corps of Engineers used those whenever 185 cfm of compressed air was needed. I would attempt to sell it as is, running ads on ebay, Hemmings motor news, here, G503 website. It will be difficult to find it a home, in spite of it being an incredibly preserved truck.

FarmerT

I don't want to scrap it that is why I wanted to identify it and find it a new home. I used the air compressor for years to blow off our equipment, it worked great. I would say we have had it for 35-40 years, came across a newer air compressor so it has just been sitting for the last two.

mooresM35A2

It wouldnt be to hard to sell if you find the right person. CCKW compressor trucks are pretty sought after amongst guys who have a soft spot for CCKW trucks. Oh wait I have a soft spot for those jimmies :-D. How much were you looking to get out of it if its not sold already?
Curtis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks