• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help locating a TM or civilian user's manual for this DC Impact Wrench

strelnik

Howdy fellow mechanics,

I have purchased this DC IMPACT wrench and need to find a manual for it or a TM, which ever is available.

This impact wrench is heavy duty and can be used on HMMWV or MRAP.

NSN is 5130 01 536 6492.

I don't expect it for free, but a reasonably priced one would be nice.

I called the company and they don't respond at all.

I have no info on it and don't want to break while charging it.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

strelnik

Connect the battery to the unit. It charges via the 110V power adapter that's inside the case.

Herte's the deal:

The 110 VAC plug goes in the wall. Do I connect the plug between the inverter and the capacitors during charging? The unit came with this disconnected. Plus, what about the switch on the back of the pistol grip? Up or down?
I'm thinking all switches shoulkd be connected.

The govt never buys anything w/o a manual. Where's this one for this NSN?

Artisan

Yep, typical no one cares anymore krap.
I too suffer from companies who do not check heir email
or whom ignore because it pays them nada.

CALL them on the phone, repeatably, squeaky
wheel gets the oil.

BUT, did you look at their FAQ's for your Q?

coachgeo

anyone got more to add??? It must not be tooo shiaty cause there would be tons of threads on how much it sucks lol. then again must not be too good either..... cause this is the only thread in all of steel soliders that mentions it.

I am getting one also cause of reasonable price. for archive purposes..... here is copy of FAQ

What makes the DC Impact better than other rechargeable impact wrenches?

The DC Impact wrench can perform as well as some of the most powerful pneumatics on the market. The design is what our customers told us they wanted: a tool that can do the job of a pneumatic impact wrench without the need for an air compressor. Although some hand-held re-chargeables exhibit a fair amount of output torque, they can not sustain it like the DC Impact wrench.
[HR][/HR]How do I operate the tool?

If you have to ask the short answer is please don't.... the DCI1S (impact wrench) is a very powerful tool and basic to operate, but it is assumed that the operator will have a working knowledge of power tools. If not... the individual should not attempt to operate this or any power tool. It is recommended that the user should be adequately trained on the use of power tools and or impact wrenches.
[HR][/HR]Can I use regular sockets with the tool?

Do not use regular sockets as they may chip or break, causing injuries. Use only the impact sockets designed for use with this tool.
[HR][/HR]The DC Impact puts out a lot of torque, how do I regulate it ?

Those that have used the DC Impact a few times have said that they can regulate the output torque by sight and feel. For torque sensitive applications such as expensive alloy wheels, the utlitmate solution is using a "torque socket".
[HR][/HR]Can I recharge the power pack with another battery charger?

No. The power pack battery charger is programmed to recharge the onboard battery quickly and efficiently. This ensures a long and trouble-free battery life. Using a different battery charger can shorten the battery life and weaken the performance of the tool. It is recomended that you charge the battery 2-4 hours before use. There is a green indicator light that will illuminate when the unit is fully charged.
[HR][/HR]Can I use a DC Impact in rainy conditions ?

Yes. The tool and power pack are moisture resistant. Unlike 110 vac powered impact wrenches, the DC Impact does not expose the user to hazardous electrical shock in wet conditions. However, the tool should never be submerged in water.
[HR][/HR]I charged the unit but it won’t work what’s up?

The tool is equipped with a (anderson plug) power disconnect. This is, and should always be, disconnected during shipping to safeguard against accidental discharge. Simply connect the connectors and you are ready to go.
anderson_connector.jpg

[HR][/HR]What do I do if the light on the tool doesn’t come on?

The light operates independently from the tool. The on-off switch is located on the power pack just below the power cord. Don’t forget to turn it off it will cause a drain on the battery.
[HR][/HR]If I'm in the military, what is the number I need to use for ordering?

DC I1S/ NSN 5130-01-536-6492

Last edited:

coachgeo

another update I got from fellow selling these for 150 buks on ebay.

New message from: 26footdish (ebay seller - answering my questions -

Do you have Tech. Manual? no

. Can it be run from 12v vehicle battery by adding pigtail to auto battery like one in the case? Would it need a diode or similar in line if so?

you can connect to a car battery with 4 gauge wire copper not copper clad.
I have already done that 25 feet of cable. You can use a diode switch isolating the
2 batteries. Do not connect the car to internal battery major problem if the internal

battery is dead. the current draw is massive you will be better off using anderson connectors and switching between the power sources.

. What's your thoughts on the motor handling 24v..If solenoids swapped to 24v of course. Lot of military stuff is 24v, thus suspect folk would like that option to wire in a small Anderson near their Nato plug.

no way the motor will burn out the motor as well the solenoids.and the light

. What are battery specs?

325 amp cca wesco

coachgeo

there are other ebay sellers for this item. ALLLLLLL of them likely need a new battery... and matching charger ..... (see one post up)

there are lower prices ..... some look lower but they fool you with big shipping charge.....so watch for that. The better ebay deals end up half the cost of a nice lithium battery type Milwaukee Fuel . granted they will go 3.5x higher in FtLbs...... but military wheels for example are at most arond 450flt lbs.... where this perfectly maxes out at. Might need a large cheater bar or a Torque multiplier to pop them loose though. Catch 22 is by time you buy one of these and a torque mulitplier...... your getting close to cost of the Milwaukee fuel with OUT battery.

Butt your first fuel battery and charger or replacement battery for the Fuel in future is can run you another 200 bucks+ (every couple years for battery) while for the DCimpact.... its a motorcycle battery you can go cheap.... go lithium, or just put in a small anderson plug in a few hidden places around your truck and make you a cord and use your Military Trucks 12v battery system to power it (using above posts information)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks