• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help On Hemtt Wheels

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have used the search function every way I know possible and cannot find an item. Someone posted a blueprint of the Hemtt rim and need it. I know by posting this I will have the answer within 2 minutes, I hope. If someone has the original please email it to me. We are finishing up the adapters and want to program in the exact measurements per specifications. Thanks.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. I had forgotten about the old stash of information on the old SS site. I did get a good lesson using the advance search on here and was terrified that it was on here and one of the search Nazis would get to ding me on this. That was a close one!!!

OK here is the adapter update. Wheels are cut, programming may now occur since we have the factory blue print. First adapter will come off of the mill on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. First 4 will be done by this time next week. Daniel mailed me 4 valve stems and saved the day on that front. Got 4 395s waiting to find some wheels to live on once the plates are done . Thank you

SterlingDevelop

and was terrified that it was on here and one of the search Nazis would get to ding me on this. That was a close one!!!
Together, we have defeated the forces of evil!!!!:twisted:

I'm curious..... you must have some wheels that you could reverse engineer, what did you need the print for?

if you don't have the wheel, I would be a little worried trusting a print. I have been burned before when I went with a print that was not real life.

My dad always said "Communism works perfectly on paper."

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
The machinist wanted a print to aid in programming and layout. The print also detail the taper of the lug openings. This guy is an an old school perfectionist, and I am glad he is. Thank you for finding this. I am amazed at how lathes and milling machines are now interfaced with computers to get exact duplication.

We are using the Hemtt wheel and a deuce wheel to reference openings. It is unreal how much wear / slop occurs on the lug openings on wheels that have been ran. We also found that on new wheels how they all are several thousands off from lug to lug, comparitively.

Your dad is a lot wiser than almost everyone inside the DC beltway..

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update, the first adapter plate is being machined as I type this and should be completed by the time I get off. I am heading by to see what we have and will get photos. If you are interested in a set or 4 or 6 pm me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks