• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need help on m1009

hilltop1

Hi all I am new to this truck as I just picked up this weekend it is a 1984 blazer.
The thing that has me stumped is it is 24 volt starting system but all the rest is 12 volts. What I need to know is were does it change to 12v and how does it do it? The other thing is my left turn signal works but if I hit the brakes is go's solid no blink and the right side will not work at all.
Please help

Barrman

Welcome to the fun of owning green iron.

Your M1009 is basically a 12 volt Chevy Blazer with another alternator and battery to supply the glow plug system and the starter motor. This allowed any military vehicle to jump start the CUCV. The CUCV could jump start any other vehicle and the radios would work.

The military went to great expense making up technical manuals for these trucks. You would be very well served to go to this site:
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
Then down load all the manuals for the CUCV series of trucks. Print them out or just read them from the computer. They tell you simple stuff like how to lock the door all the way to how the IP should be rebuilt step by step.

I would also suggest you go to the CUCV forum here on the web site and find the oldest thread there is, read it and every other thread made up until today. You will find answers to questions you had no idea you wanted to ask and much, much more.

Another trick is to scroll down past all the post on any page. There will be 5 threads listed that have the same basic topic. Lets you read related items.