• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help on mite carb

Sarge29

I got the mites home yesterday and took the best one out for a test drive. There was a little gas coming out of the drain behind the diaphram. As far as running,it ran perfect, idle was good and had great acceleration. I went in and cleaned the carb and replaced the diaphram. Now it has a hesitation when you step on the gas from idle speed. Once you get it reved up slightly it takes the gas good. What did I miss? :?

Sarge29

I didnt find anything when I tore down the carb. I stripped it all the way down cleaned it then put in a new kit. It seens to be better but still has a slight hesitation on acceleration from idle. That may be caused by the timing. That is next on the list to check.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for letting us know. I haven't played with the carb for my mite yet. Maybe the accelerator pump needs adjusted for more fuel.

Mike_Pop

I found that my carb flooded a lot which is a common problem, especially on inclines. I converted it over to a Solex carb and it runs much better now.

fallen

Can you advise what you mean by you changed it over to a solenex carb. I am thinking of buying a new carb for mine and was told to expect to pay up to 450 for a nos carb can you advise the part number of the carb you used thanks

saddamsnightmare

November 15th, 2012.

When I rebuiolt my Mighty Mite's carb back in the 1980's the problem you are having was with a tired accelleration pump. Holley had a kit to rebuild the carb, as they were used on other engines. My mite was 2043 and the owner of it will likely have the carb kit numbers in the manual, as I had it cross checked by a really old parts guy who kept brake and carb books back to the 1930's.... You probably won't find the information on the computer at NAPA as that is now a fairly obscure carb.

Good Luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks