• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help towing a 105

Rammerjammer

ok i am going to get my 105. I am wanting to tow it with my Dodge 2500. I need to buy a pintle. Which size ball do i need, 2 or the bigger hitch ball? Also what needs to be done to the trailer so i can tow it behind my truck, brakes disconnect ( busted loose bc i wont need the brakes on the trailer), etc? Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no ball, a pintle hook is needed, get a combo. it can be used as a ball or a pintle

goldneagle

ok i am going to get my 105. I am wanting to tow it with my Dodge 2500. I need to buy a pintle. Which size ball do i need, 2 or the bigger hitch ball? Also what needs to be done to the trailer so i can tow it behind my truck, brakes disconnect ( busted loose bc i wont need the brakes on the trailer), etc? Thanks
A pintle hitch does not need a ball unless you are getting a combo unit. A combo unit will allow you to tow both pintle and ball type trailers. You need to get an adjustable receiver that has a tall plate on it with multiple holes for the pintle that can be attached at different heights. this way you can adjust the hight of the pintle so that the trailer tows as level as possible. The trailer brakes are off without any air in the system so you can tow it as is. All you need is a a magnetic tail light set that you can attach to the back of the trailer since the existing one is 24 volts. You can get them at any auto parts store of even Wallmart.

Check your tire pressure too, I had one M105, that I picked-up from Rock Island, that had both tires low. It may also be a good idea to take a spare tire, jack and lug wrench.
Here is a picture of my hitch, the trailer is a M796, but it is the same height. I fabricated my hitch, I think the pintle height is about 36".

Attachments