• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with the fuel tank

KsM715

Remove and replace with a known good tank or remove and take it to a competent shop that can clean and repair it.

If your here asking for options than I take it you do not have the tools or knowhowto repair it your self. (not dogging on you, just letting you know the realistic way of getting it going safely)

Edit: it's not the cleaning part, it's the repairing the leaks. Depending on how bad it leaks and where it's leaking. If it needs welding, thats where the competent shop comes in.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My tank was full of crap, pulled it, had it steam cleaned, after the cleaning a lot of pin holes showed up, I need the tank now so I cleaned the bottom real good and FIBERGLASSED the outside bottom with about 4 layers of cloth, this was in about 3/05, was supposed to be a temp fix till I found another tank, that temp fix is still there.

hairtrigger

Remove and replace with a known good tank or remove and take it to a competent shop that can clean and repair it.

If your here asking for options than I take it you do not have the tools or knowhowto repair it your self. (not dogging on you, just letting you know the realistic way of getting it going safely)

Edit: it's not the cleaning part, it's the repairing the leaks. Depending on how bad it leaks and where it's leaking. If it needs welding, thats where the competent shop comes in.

The leaks I can fix, been welding for 15+ years, its the cleaning that is killing me. Internal baffles are in the way. I am also worried about the metal being to thin in unseen areas do to so much rusting.