• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with unhooked hose

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Micah,

I did a favor for you so now I am asking a favor from you. I was looking for grease zerks under my truck (found 37 so far) and I found what looks like a fitting that should have a hose on it. BUT there is no hose to hook to it. Could you please check your truck and see what hooks up to this fitting?

So under the driver's door there is the steering linkage. You can stick your head up there and look towards the front of the truck. You will see the starter and what looks like a fitting.

Here is where to stick your camera up and over the steering to see the fitting.

20200605_205822.jpg

And here is what I saw on my truck:

20200605_205915.jpg

This is a close up of what I am asking about:

UnhookedHose.JPG

MAdams

My starter doesn't have that. Pretty sure that's the moisture drain hose. Alot of starters have them. See the two black hoses in this pic

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Micah,

It is not from the starter. I opened the hood and removed the flaps and I was finally able to locate the fitting by accessing from the wheel well. So I took some additional photos.

It seems to be a crankcase vent. But I am worried that it just stops and does not go any where. From looking at the fitting, there was something attached there but it is gone now.

20200606_105241.jpg

Inked20200606_105334_LI.jpg

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A C-12 doc I found has a tube coming from where you pointed (I think) and it routs differently, but the tube connects to a filter before being routed to the air intake. Maybe the military just dumped the breather to below the truck. Just guessing. See page 72 http://oya.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/C_12_Maintenance.pdf
Nomadic,

I think you are correct. I see in the C12 manual that it comes from about the same place but instead goes to a filter. My truck does not have the filter but everything else makes sense. Thanks.

I will need to research what should be at the end of this hose and if I have any hoses from from the air intake that lead no where.

MAdams

Jon, sorry I haven't been home early enough to look again. I just checked and it looks like the slobber tube just dumps out after the 90 degree fitting

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its called a road draft tube. Nothing should be in the end of it.

You can put a filter on it, but in dusty environment when that filter gets filled with dirt quick mixed with the oil saturation from the draft tube you will be replacing it often.

You can reroute it to the intake if you desire to go fording often

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jon, sorry I haven't been home early enough to look again. I just checked and it looks like the slobber tube just dumps out after the 90 degree fitting

Micah,

Thanks for checking. I appreciate it. I will continue to do some research because it looks to me like there was a hose on my fitting and it broke off. I do not like that it is just open like that. Anyway, I will let you know what I find out.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks