• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need info on m1028 engine setup

scottodog

I picked up a 1987 M1028 today with 21000 miles but the engine has two huge alternators both on the passenger side and an ac unit installed on the drivers side that the lines go through the firewall and it has ac control switches on the dash. There is also a blue box on the drivers side fender under the hood. My 1986 m1008 has different alternators and no ac or blue box. Did the m1028 truck come this way from the factory? Scott

swyne

I have an '87 with the M1010 pkg under the hood. Neat and rare truck. Also with the tru-lok front end. Let me know if you have any charging issues. Some of these trucks had problems with the front battery holding a charge or I should say getting a charge. My A/C was never hooked up. My 2 a/c lines run down off the unit then down along the frame and end were the box and cab meet. I would like to see pics of the engine bay if possible! Thanks

Crash_AF

I looked at the pics of that truck on GL when it was up... please post up some pics of the AC setup as it is certainly not factory.

The truck appears to be one of the shelter carrier variants that had the M1010 alternator setup with the AC for the shelter in the bed. There was no different model number for those trucks so there's no way to track them or know how many were made that way, but it is rare for sure.

If it is the same truck I'm thinking it is, the blackout switches are in the panel under the steering column.

Anyhow... gotta do it...
nopics

Later,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the common factor on these is model year 1987. Anyone seen a 1028 with the DUVAC and A/C compressor other than a 1987

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks