• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Injector pump rebuilt for Mep 002a

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray70 on here will probably chime in, he is the 002, 003 expert and he may also do rebuilds.

Miketakacs

Ok thank you. It will run but barely gets up rpm and then dies after 20-30 seconds. The rack on the pump is sticking. I have to hold it all the way up manually. I cleaned the entire fuel system and did not help. Unit has 2hrs on it so I suspect the pump corroded from sitting. I even treid hooking a separate fuel supply right to the IP and no change. I have an outboard motor tank with a Lift pump that I use for testing diesels when I suspect a problem in the supply side.

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray or Guyfang would be your people to talk to. Since Guy is in Germany Ray is the goto guy for help here as far as physical parts and stuff. He has offered to help me with mine but I cannot ever find the time to get into it.

Ray70

Hi Mike, sounds like your pump may have damaged the plunger guide.
I can definitely help you.
Do you happen to know if you have an Ambac pump or American Bosch?
Ambac is no problem, the American Bosch could possibly be a problem depending on what is damaged, but either way I can take a look.
You can send me a PM and I'll give you my address to send it to.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ambac is no problem, the American Bosch could possibly be a problem depending on what is damaged, but either way I can take a look.
Ray, i do not think he has enough post to PM yet

jamawieb

Mike, when Ray is asking about the brand of pump, the easiest way is to look on the bottom of the pump while it's on the machine. The Bosch models will have a big flat head set screw on the bottom. The Ambac units have the flat head set screw deleted. The bosch are impossible to rebuild. I've tried several times. If the plunger or head is damaged on the Ambac units you cant rebuild either because the plunger and heads are build as 1 unit. 99% of the Ambac's break the plunger guide before causing major damage. Which is an easy fix.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks