• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M200 trailer picked up from Chambersburg, PA

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello!
I bought a m200 trailer from Chambersburg, PA a week ago. I had some stuff come up and won't be able to get it in the allotted time.

Anyone nearby or going there that can grab it and hold it for a couple weeks? Or know of a towing company etc that can get and hold it for a decent price? Any help is greatly appreciated and if you can get it I of course will compensate you for your fuel and time.

Thanks!
Adam

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello!
I bought a m200 trailer from Chambersburg, PA a week ago. I had some stuff come up and won't be able to get it in the allotted time.

Anyone nearby or going there that can grab it and hold it for a couple weeks? Or know of a towing company etc that can get and hold it for a decent price? Any help is greatly appreciated and if you can get it I of course will compensate you for your fuel and time.

Thanks!
Adam
Message member Daybreak.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So has anyone dealt with the $25 a day storage fee? Is it charged per day or just days when they are open? Because if it is per day I'm just going to abandon this trailer. I can get it next Monday, but paying an extra $225 for the trailer plus recovery just isn't worth it to me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume this is at a GP site. They have been fairly flexible with my in the past on scheduling. The big thing is that they want to know you are working on it. Of course, it is possible that their policies have changed.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had three skids recently with missed pickups etc. etc. Two skids sat for 2 weeks after the last pickup date and I had no issues. Seems like a good location as stated above. Good luck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks all,
I was told by the corporate number people that pickup was 0800-1500 Mon-Thurs. Drive up from SC on a Monday, get there after 1400, and the guy says sorry, no loadouts after 1400. Told him what corporate said, he said they get guys all the time told weird times. Was going to abandon the trailer as I had to be somewhere else Tuesday morning, told him that and left. I was rather PO'd. Went and got some water, calmed down, called in a favor and went back. Waited out front for a bit, yard manager Matt I think it was comes over finally and asks what's up. Told him I wanted to apologize to the other guy if I got rude and that I didn't want to abandon it, I'd just sleep in the truck and get it at 8am. He asked what I was getting, then he said he'd load me up, and that the other fella was new. Was out in like 15min. So glad he hooked me up. I did apologize to the other guy and he said nothing to apologize for.

So I got it and all is well. But highly recommend finding the local number to a place and calling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks