• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need mechanical help Camp Shelby, MS

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

I'm looking for someone with the mechanical experience, tools, time, and geographic location to pay to attempt to get a M932A1 truck that I won at Camp Shelby, MS into running condition. I'm looking to pay someone to:

- Install two Walmart batteries (I can easily walk you through this)
- Check all fluid levels and top off where needed
- prime fuel system (I can easily walk you through this)
- Attempt to fire up truck and test operability (transmission, brakes, lights, etc.)

Photos of this truck can be seen at:

http://joe.czarnik.net/pictures/v/Military+Surplus+Collection/Military+6X6+Trucks+For+Sale+M939+M35+M923+M809+M813/M932A1/

This was a fairly recent rebuild, so I'm hoping that she's in decent shape.

Please email or call me if you can help or know of someone (or a business) that can help. Again, I'm not looking for a "favor"; I want to pay someone to do this.

Thanks,

Joe

joe@armytruckparts.com

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PM CSMDAVIS......or look for his post......I just got off the phone with him......he is available for hire to assist people who have purchased these vehicles.

Don't bet the farm on it....most of these vehicles have been sitting several years.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman893,

Thanks for the tip; does CSMDAVIS live near Camp Shelby? Roger on the truck sitting, but I've been at this for quite some time and have found that the trucks sitting isn't the real issue, the real issue is what problems the trucks have that you can't see (bad transmission, froze motor, etc.). I routinely bring trucks back from Hawaii and the VERY BEST batch that I got from there were three USMC Barstow rebuilt M813A1's that had been sitting for SEVEN years -- each one fired right up and drove fine (after about five minutes of black smoke belching out down H1) :) Again, thanks for the tip!

Joe

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does yours need an oil pump like most of them? Why did GL list so many of these trucks as needing an oil pump? I suspect CSMDavis got carried away with cut and paste on the descriptions. :p

Charlie 6

If you are going to drive it back, especially through TX, better make sure you put some mud flaps on those rear tires. I was stationed at FT. Hood and dropped a trailer at FT. Sam Houston and got pulled over by TX DPS for not having mud flaps on my M818. Had to sit there for eight hours until my unit came with a set.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Does yours need an oil pump like most of them? Why did GL list so many of these trucks as needing an oil pump? I suspect CSMDavis got carried away with cut and paste on the descriptions./QUOTE]

Jeff is just a contractor for GL.....the descriptions and videos are handled by the GL staff at Shelby.

There were some errors on this batch of trucks........I saw a video of a truck my buddy won and it did not match the description or still pics posted on the site. Bottom line is that there are hundreds of trucks there and mistakes are going to happen.

If I were going to buy one of these trucks I would preview in person or pay someone to do a through preview for me....it would be money well spent.

Without going into detail I can tell you that there are some diamonds in that pile of coal and if you do your homework you can get a good deal on a truck.

Csm Davis

Okay now that the auction is over I can say what's up and not have someone get his panties in a wad :roll: these trucks are at a rebuild facility and have been checked by them and stored then periodically they'd go through and try to fire them up by slave cable and this is how they would pick the trucks to rebuild, so what's written about them does have merit, do I or anyone else down there make mistakes, heck yeah. But if I buy one of these trucks I will plan on replacing anything that is listed as bad, there's some really nice trucks down here and some junk I hope all the ones bought by our membership are great.

SPCWarning

Hello,

I'm looking for someone with the mechanical experience, tools, time, and geographic location to pay to attempt to get a M932A1 truck that I won at Camp Shelby, MS into running condition. I'm looking to pay someone to:

- Install two Walmart batteries (I can easily walk you through this)
- Check all fluid levels and top off where needed
- prime fuel system (I can easily walk you through this)
- Attempt to fire up truck and test operability (transmission, brakes, lights, etc.)

Photos of this truck can be seen at:

http://joe.czarnik.net/pictures/v/Military+Surplus+Collection/Military+6X6+Trucks+For+Sale+M939+M35+M923+M809+M813/M932A1/

Please email or call me if you can help or know of someone (or a business) that can help. Again, I'm not looking for a "favor"; I want to pay someone to do this.

Thanks,

Joe

joe@armytruckparts.com
What time frame are you looking at having this done? Reason I'm asking is I'm at work now and won't be home for a couple more weeks. I live about an hour North of Camp Shelby and have the means to do what you're asking. Never been to the DRMO down there and I'm wanting to start buying MV's from GL at Shelby. I just got my first MV (85 M1009) and now my wife want one. I traded an old car I had to an individual for mine. If it must be done in less than two weeks I won't be able to help. Just let me know either way.
Jim

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks