• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new rim studs.

MAdams

I went to swap some tire of my combat rims and two of the outer studs that clamp the rim halves together stripped the thread on the nut. The nut will spin freely but the stud doesn't move. I checked to make sure the stud wasn't spinning in the wheel and its not. The threads between the nut and stud stripped. Weird because my compressor wasn't even fully up to pressure so my impact gun wasn't at full blast.

They are 3/4" studs and I wondered if there was a source for replacements. I'd rather not try to make a generic stud fit.

On a unrelated matter. Anyone have some 5 ton rims for sale in So Cal? 2017-01-15 18.05.15.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Perfect thanks. It might be cheaper to buy a new wheel if the studs are $20 each! I would still need the nuts too
But what if you buy new wheels and they strip out or spin loose when you impact them down. Easier to spend the money and know they are done right and its good parts. Remember you are riding on these things

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not positive, but I believe I have the correct flange nuts. Let me know if you decide you need them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks