• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need "O" Ring for M35A3 Super Single Rims

EdMontana

Trying to swap a 14.5 R 20 Michelin tire with a new tire and found out that it had no "O" ring between the rims :( ....I have no idea how it was holding any air before.

Anybody know where I can find it or have the part number for it? Allen at Berg's Tire told me that I may be able to order it with Michelin.

Thank You!

rdixiemiller

You can buy rolls of O-Ring material in various thicknesses from McMaster Carr (on-line). You lay the stuff in the groove and cut it an inch or so long. Then, you get a razor blade and cut both ends at a 45 degree angle and superglue them together. I do this all the time on filter housings, pump casings, etc. Works like a charm.
In a pinch, a good heavy bead of GE clear silicone (part# 012) in a caulking gun sized tube will do the trick.

Dan6wd

O ring

Large loaders and earth moving trucks utilize the O ring between the lockring setup. Is basically like the 2 or 3 piece tube sytle wheels, however it uses an O ring to seal the tire insted of A tube. I have some of these O rings at my shop, I will look to see if I have one in 20 inch. If I have one I'll send it your way!