• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need quote & info to transport HMMWV from Dallas, Texas Area to Seattle, Washington Area.

btmboards

I am looking at potentially buying a HMMWV in the greater Dallas area. It is a fair bit over my budget to spend on one so before moving forward with the deal I need to figure out if I will be able to afford to get it home.
Truck weighs ~5300lbs and is a standard 1123 variant. No top or doors.
Shipping distance is approximately 2044 miles
Does not run but have support equipment at pickup location to load onto a trailer. Also have ability to roll or tow truck off trailer at delivery location.
Pickup will be at a farm (residential but lots of open space) and delivery will also be at a farm.

Hoping to figure this out quick, thanks all.

btmboards

I can help you out with this. I have many trucks down in that area. Feel free to give me a call on my cell phone - 410-507-3442. My name is Garrett Howard. Thank you and have a great day!
Would you be able to post a general quote for those specifics. I do not have more information than that as I haven't bought it so I don't have exact address for pickup and what not.
Only other thing I would say is that the time frame is whatever works and is the cheapest. I am not in a huge hurry to get it delivered but if I buy it then it would be ready for pickup as early as this week or whenever the cheapest truck is in the area.

MrMikey4026

I am looking at potentially buying a HMMWV in the greater Dallas area. It is a fair bit over my budget to spend on one so before moving forward with the deal I need to figure out if I will be able to afford to get it home.
Truck weighs ~5300lbs and is a standard 1123 variant. No top or doors.
Shipping distance is approximately 2044 miles
Does not run but have support equipment at pickup location to load onto a trailer. Also have ability to roll or tow truck off trailer at delivery location.
Pickup will be at a farm (residential but lots of open space) and delivery will also be at a farm.

Hoping to figure this out quick, thanks all.
Just a note of caution, when I purchased my LMTV here in Washington (2 months ago) my licensing agent told me it is big problem to title and register HMVEE's now. I don't know if it is true but you do not want to find out after the fact.
Some law has changed in the recent past, or State Patrol policy? It may depend on the paperwork that comes with it? I did not ask what the problem is.
I would assume that the ones that are in the state now, have been here for sometime.
Don't shoot at the messenger!

btmboards

Just a note of caution, when I purchased my LMTV here in Washington (2 months ago) my licensing agent told me it is big problem to title and register HMVEE's now. I don't know if it is true but you do not want to find out after the fact.
Some law has changed in the recent past, or State Patrol policy? It may depend on the paperwork that comes with it? I did not ask what the problem is.
I would assume that the ones that are in the state now, have been here for sometime.
Don't shoot at the messenger!
Thanks for the heads up. What licencing office did you go to? I have been following the regulations pretty close and talking to lots of people that have done this many times. I have a bit of a plan and think, if all goes as I think and hope, it should be a fairly easy/ quick process. Also I am working on only buying one that is already licensed and titled for road use just for that reason.
So were you able to register your LMTV for general road use? I would love to have one of those but have nowhere to keep it and got a HARD NO from the boss lady when I showed her one.

MrMikey4026

Thanks for the heads up. What licencing office did you go to? I have been following the regulations pretty close and talking to lots of people that have done this many times. I have a bit of a plan and think, if all goes as I think and hope, it should be a fairly easy/ quick process. Also I am working on only buying one that is already licensed and titled for road use just for that reason.
So were you able to register your LMTV for general road use? I would love to have one of those but have nowhere to keep it and got a HARD NO from the boss lady when I showed her one.
I was in Eatonville, I also asked my daughter about it, she is an agent. The answers were not positive.
will message her and ask what the problem is. It may depend on what it says on your EUC.
My LMTV came with a clear road use title out of Utah, didn't really have any problems. I had a picture of the shipping label with the scale weight when it was shipped from Kuwait to Iraq, so no trip to the scales. The short serial number is a problem but my agent knew how to solve it. Current Washington titles require 17 digits.
I will let you know what my daughters says.
Mike

MrMikey4026

I was in Eatonville, I also asked my daughter about it, she is an agent. The answers were not positive.
will message her and ask what the problem is. It may depend on what it says on your EUC.
My LMTV came with a clear road use title out of Utah, didn't really have any problems. I had a picture of the shipping label with the scale weight when it was shipped from Kuwait to Iraq, so no trip to the scales. The short serial number is a problem but my agent knew how to solve it. Current Washington titles require 17 digits.
I will let you know what my daughters says.
Mike
My daughter says that HUMvees are not considered street legal in Washington state and the titles are issued as off road only.
She said that you can do the necessary alterations (whatever those may be), it then has to be inspected by the State Patrol to certify it's new street legal status before an on road title can be issued. My guess is they would never certify it, they would like to get all surplus military vehicles off the road is the buzz I have heard.
Mike

Casek

I own a 1992 Humvee m998 in Seattle not sure what is the problem you can register with the local wdmv not a single issue with it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks