• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some Heating Advice

joesco

Fellow Steelers,
Just got a pretty good deal ($79.00) on a 24v Stewart Warner Multi-Fuel vehicle heater, depot rebuilt in 2004. My thinking it came out of a 10ton or even a tank. It is a model Model 78385-10560 M241B1.

I have a few questions...

Does anyone have the TM number on this heater?

It doesn't have a control box. Any sources as to where I can purchase one?

If not, can one be made?

Should I mount it in the cab (under passenger seat or dash) or under the hood and plumb it in?

I am hoping I can adapt this type of heater to my (mini) deuce for minimal costs?????????

I had a similar unit in my diesel-powered Unimog 421 and I was toasting warm in about 5 minutes. It was factory mounted behind the passenger seat and would defrost the cab very quickly.

Any help and assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the BTU rating? Almost looks like a 60,000 btu unit, which would be too much for the cab. Can't find anything on the model M241B1...
The control box and also the required fuel pump/filter may be found on ebay from time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks