• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some tires

Alucard-HD

ok, i'd like some michelin XZLs for my Chevy HD in the size range of 45 inches tall, (i have 44 inch XLs now) and i'd like any tire 36-40 range for my CUCV for a 16 inch wheel. Where is a good place to get military tires from besides ebay???

Hey,
How'd you do the hydroboost steering? Did you use an orbital valve to control the hydraulic cylinder? This is one area I haven't adventured yet, so please excuse my obvious ignorance. Also, for the 4-link, did you use the exsisting torsion bars in any way, or did you scrap everything and start from scratch?
I'm more of a transmission guy, so if you need anything done on either the Allison or 4L80E you are probably running in that, just let me know. There's a vendor who gets me parts and kits really cheap. I have an '06 2500HD with the Allison T1000, and once you put a transgo shift kit in one of those, they are bullet proof. It is an unbelievably easy task as well.

Alucard-HD

Hey,
How'd you do the hydroboost steering? Did you use an orbital valve to control the hydraulic cylinder? This is one area I haven't adventured yet, so please excuse my obvious ignorance. Also, for the 4-link, did you use the exsisting torsion bars in any way, or did you scrap everything and start from scratch?
I'm more of a transmission guy, so if you need anything done on either the Allison or 4L80E you are probably running in that, just let me know. There's a vendor who gets me parts and kits really cheap. I have an '06 2500HD with the Allison T1000, and once you put a transgo shift kit in one of those, they are bullet proof. It is an unbelievably easy task as well.
Thanks for the info, As far as my truck goes everything was torn out. The IFS brackets were tourched off and the frame was plated. Those are 70-75 Aluminum Control arms for the 4 link. I had EMS offroad build the truck for me and they tapped and capped my stock steering box and ran hydro lines to the ram on the front axle. Since the truck came factory with hydro boost brakes it was easy. Now that you mention tranys, i wanted to swap a 8.1 bigblock in my truck, or a Duramax (If i'm lucky) I really like the 4L80E i guess you could say its my favorite GM transmission, could i use it for a duramax or 8.1? i know i'd most likley need an adapter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks