• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need storage for a deuce rolla MO area

ranchhopper

I am going down to the rolla missouri area to try to get a deuce running and put into storage. Im going down tomorrow to get the paperwork done and if its not to dark by then Im going to attempt to get it running. I will be going down in my 1009 alone and if I can secure storage for the truck may need help saturday morning driving it off where it sits now. I have already gotten the insurance applied to the truck and will have the title so it will be legal to drive it off site after a thourough inspection and making sure the brakes work properly. This isnt my first rodeo but I could use some help if the truck fires up and checks out any help will be greatly appreciated.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, you and the truck are welcome here! Would be happy to store if for ya! Know I am some distance, but I am closer than "home". Hope and pray that all works out for ya. Take care and God's speed.
God bless,
Tony

ranchhopper

Kevin, you and the truck are welcome here! Would be happy to store if for ya! Know I am some distance, but I am closer than "home". Hope and pray that all works out for ya. Take care and God's speed.
God bless,
Tony
Thanks Tony unfortunatley my fellow retrieval crew are all busy so I will be trying to figure this out as I go I cant drive both trucks at the same time and I dont have a tow bar anymore.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good for you, I'm jealous! I would have made the trip down with a trailer this weekend!

jasonjc

Try Gmayor, he is not far from there in St Robert. It's about 20 miles south on I44. He is a good guy.

Wait I missed a FREE deuce????:cry::cry::cry::cry:

ranchhopper

I offered him some cash for it after all the driving back and forth and trying to line up storage or whatever else I need its far from free but I knew that from the beginning.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Free Truck" OM Gosh K! :shock: You DO have a knack for finding some AMAZING deals! Congrats and sorry I wasn't able to help ya!! know you are always welcome here and if I can help ya, I will!
God bless,

Tony!:D

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just seen this, are you lined up yet. I'm 100 miles up Hwy.44 from Rolla. Maybe I can help and for sure you can store it here on my farm. Let me know, Ron

Hooty481

I was the first person to respond to the add and he told me i could have it. I was already talking to wrecker services there to have it towed from his mother-in-laws property this morning and then he sent me a message said he had a guy offer some money and his wife was making him do that deal even though he had already given it to me. Was bummed out big time. but good luck on your recovery.

ranchhopper

I was the first person to respond to the add and he told me i could have it. I was already talking to wrecker services there to have it towed from his mother-in-laws property this morning and then he sent me a message said he had a guy offer some money and his wife was making him do that deal even though he had already given it to me. Was bummed out big time. but good luck on your recovery.
He did mention a person had called him but he was unsure if the deal was going to happen he called me an hour later to say it was mine if I still wanted it I had assumed the other deal fell through. This is how FREE deals go Im old enough to realize if it seems to good to be true it usually is but he sounded genuine. Im on vacation from work so if all doesnt work out at least I am getting paid to go down there and back and Im just out fuel and motel expenses.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, hope that things went well for ya this weekend! Any news? How was she? Just curious, ya know?:popcorn:
God bless,
Tony:grin:

ranchhopper

Well, hope that things went well for ya this weekend! Any news? How was she? Just curious, ya know?:popcorn:
God bless,
Tony:grin:
Hey Tony got the truck running no problems it has a whistler no rust and runs and drives fine. I let it run a couple hours aired up all the tires changed out the fuel filters and got the shut off lubed up and working as it should and drove it out of the back forty into the front drive and parked it incase of snow or bad weather less hassle to do it on a sunny 70 degree day now to go back down and bring someone to drive it home. Had a small problem with the 1009 got down there and shut it off and wouldnt start it was the onlt time in the four hundred mile trip down that I shut it off so I spent a while trying to figure it out I went with a bad starter. Got a ride to a parts store and picked up a 12 volt starter and was going to convert the truck to 12 volt on the spot because nobody sells 24 volt starters and I was 400 miles from home it was dark and didnt know anybody near by to help and had to leave the truck sit with hundreds of dollars in tools in the back and only one door with a functioning lock. I do have to thank Ron (scrap daddy) for standing by he was 70 miles away but offered his help he offered to haul the 1009 to his farm on his trailer. As one last ditch effort I put the spare batteries in the truck I brought a set along for spares for the deuce and the 1009 fired right up. Turns out the rough roads were so bad the front battery tray broke free from the inner fender and the battery vibrated so bad it shorted out so today I swapped in a spare tray I had sitting here. Now to go down this weekend again and finish the job to drive the deuce back but it was worth the journey I got three new loose leaf TM manuals each about three inches thick, new solargizer, new muffler which I wont use, two new jerry cans and a real nice M35 rustfree with a whistler turbo a cargo top and heater.

Last edited:

6x6guy

Kevin- sounds like another event filled adventure for you, well at least you were prepared for the
pitfalls of owning and transporting such a grand truck- you lucky bastard. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks