• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to test run a 6.2

Shook

Hi
I need to test run a 6.2 in my project truck. I have no harness and no accessories right now, just want to be sure the engine runs. I have my batteries hooked to the starter. I will jump it at the solenoid on the starter to crank it. I will need to run a power source to the glowplugs to light them up for 10 seconds or so.
How about the injector pump. Aren't there 2 connections on it that need constant power to run? Anything else?

Brian in NC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brian, you will need juice at the injection pump. Is this a CUCV or HMMWV engine? HMMWVs need 24V at the injection pump. Are supplying fuel via the mechanical lift pump or an electric?

mangus580

The only connection on the injection pump that is needed is the 'run' wire. On the CUCV engine, its where the heavy pink wire connects. Supply 12v's to run, and disconnect to shut off.

Shook

Thanks Kenny and Mike. Actually the 6.2 is out of a civy G30 van so the injector pump is 12volt. I know which wire you are referring to. I had to test this wire on my CUCV one time.
We'll lets go tear something up. :grd:

Brian

Shook

RE: Re: RE: Need to test run a 6.2

Hey whats the good glowplugs? AC 11G I had a extra set but cannot find them in all my junk. Looks like I'll have to buy a set. I'll probably find them when I'm hunting something else, isn't that the way it goes.

Brian :cookoo:

Shook

Yeah I've seen these advertised before. Always wondered how good they were.

Brian

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've bought some stuff from Walt at SS. No problems at all.

Armada

No worries with SS. When they say the military uses the same glowplugs, believe them. I was going to replace the GP's with a set of their 24v self limiting plugs in the cucv I had just gotten from GL, and after pulling a couple out of the truck, found that they had already been replaced with the self limiting type.... same brand as the SSdiesel.
http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/product_90_SSD_Glow_Plugs_for_24_Volt_Military_Vehicles.html

Shook

I found a few good used 11G AC glow plugs here. I am using a M1009 glowplug harness. I noticed that the 11G glowplug flat prongs are a little wide for the original M1009 connectors. Guess I'll have to cut these off the harness and put some wider ones on. Is this the norm?

Shook

I had thought about that but knowing my luck I'd mess a plug up. Hmmm maybe a good pair of metal snips could cut a little off. We'll see.

Thanks,
Brian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks