• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need your help now so I can go to work tomorrow

motormayhem

Ok so this morning I went to crank her up and got a very slow turn of the starter, not even enough to engage the bendix to the flywheel just a slow spin. I tried jumping to no avail and the volt gauge in the cab was just barely twitching when the ignition was turned on. However all the headlights and 12V worked fine.

So after being late to work and such I came home and went to work diagnosing the problem. I discovered the battery clamp on the - side of the rear battery was redicululy loose as the wires came out of it as soon as the post was looosensed (this is a replacement clamp where the wires are "crimped" onto it by two bolts. So I took that off and tightened it and attended to some other business came back and hoooked everything back up and started right up. Now during my adventure I noticed that the cable from the rear battery that goes to the 24V rail when disconnected from the battery has 12V if grounded to the chassis is this supposed to happen or do I have crossed wires in some really hard to reach place that will take a lot of time to trace and fix? If I touch the cable to the chassis I don't get a spark or anything like that, but the multi meter says like 12.3V only when grounded to the chassis or front battey (same thing). I don't want to hook this up to find it wont start tomorrow morning so any and all suggestion asap would be greatly appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks