• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 ton member

Amgeneral1

Hi everyone! I bought a 1986 m923 a1 in August. I'm a truck guy and was shopping for a jeep and stumbled onto my truck. I love everything about this truck. Was looking at an a2 and just couldn't get past the sound of the big Cummins. I'm a builder by trade and a wanna be mechanic so I will have lots of questions. My friend recommended me to this site and said you guys are very helpful. Here's a couple pics.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Amgeneral1

The truck had 13150 miles when I picked it up. I just turned 14400 today. A little heavy on the wallet for fuel but I offset my carbon footprint with my tdi Volkswagen.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Welcome to the site and the 5 ton club. Mine is a 1984 and I love driving it. Have had it since June and am looking forward to driving it this winter. Good luck and have fun:driver:

Amgeneral1

Ill find any excuse to drive my truck! My kids love riding in it. I took it to a car show in Delaware this summer and it easily had the biggest crowd of people. I feel like if it sits in the driveway all the time what's the point of having it.