• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 6.5L ate a glow plug

Stonepicker1

Just got around to pulling the head on the new 6.5L engine that was intalled up in SC. see this thread for more info what happened. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/transp...ber-broke-down-sc.html?highlight=member+broke

I had a bad knock in my new engine so I shut it down on I-95 in GA and had it towed home.(thanks again Kenny for towing me with your duce)

As you can see in the picture, my glow plug tip fell into the #7 cyl and got chewed up and imbedded in the top of the piston. The cyl wall looks fine.

After looking at the #1 cyl piston, it looks like the intake valve was hitting the top of the piston. What would cause this to happen?

looks like I will pull the engine and tear it down to see whats going on.:sad:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that just sucks. Mike at ODI had a similar issue with the turbo 6.5 I gave him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks